The weather forecast looks good this weekend so make sure you try and get outside and get in some home workouts in the fresh air. Power walking and interval running in mild spring weather is fantastic.
Make use of cooking outdoors as well if you can on the BBQ (it will probably rain now!), a healthy way to cook food. Make up some chicken/turkey or vegetable kebabs, ditch the chilli sauce for a healthy hot and herby marinade:
• 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
• Few leaves of fresh rosemary
• 1 clove garlic
• ½ tsp smoked paprika
• Pinch cayenne pepper or chilli flakes
• ¼ tsp ground black pepper
• 1 tsp rapeseed oil
• Squeeze of lemon juice
Prep time: 10 minutes
• Put all the ingredients except the oil and lemon juice in a small blender or pestle and mortar and crush them together.
• Stir in the oil and lemon juice to make a paste and spoon into an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
• Perfect for rubbing over chicken, turkey kebabs, or salmon, thick ‘steaks’ of aubergine or other vegetables, before grilling on the BBQ or baking.